Mississippi National Guard Tuition Program
Mississippi National Guard members who enroll as degree-seeking students may qualify for a scholarship through the University of Mississippi’s MS National Guard Tuition Program:
- Must be a full-time undergraduate.
- Must apply and be eligible for SEAP (State Educational Assistance Program).
SEAP eligibility and deadlines can be found here:
- Service member cannot be within a year of Expiration of Term of Service (ETS) or Mandatory Removal Date (MRD).
- Must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at studentaid.gov.
- Should complete the online application with the Mississippi Office of Financial Aid (MOSFA) to determine eligibility for grants offered by the State of Mississippi at msfinancialaid.org.
The scholarship benefit is based on the following calculation: Tuition and mandatory fees (which include Capital Improvements and Student Activity Fees) minus all federal, state, institutional, and private scholarships and grants awarded to the student (excluding SEAP Funds). It is intended to pay any “gap” in funding for covering these costs.
Renewal of the scholarship is contingent upon:
- Remaining eligible for SEAP (which includes applying with the MSNG each term).
- Maintaining a 2.0 GPA at the University of Mississippi.
For assistance with this program, please contact Sergeant First Class Anthony Douglas of the Mississippi National Guard at firstname.lastname@example.org.